Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Dinner Party

We hosted a small dinner party last weekend. After struggling for two weeks with menu options and timings, I figured it out and it worked!

The day started out fine with Jamie Oliver's Creamy Mushroom Soup. It was super easy to make after chopping a couple of pounds of mushrooms. Once it got going the apartment was smelling amazing and I felt better knowing that if everything turned out horrible at least we would eat nice soup.

Right when I was about to start on my Apple-Pie Cake I had to run to the tailor for a dress fitting for an upcoming wedding. I called Mark in a panic from the car. I was hitting every red light! Doesn't that always happen when you're in a rush? Anyway, I asked Mark to peel and slice apples since I would never have enough time. When I got back there was a bowl filled with perfectly sliced apples. So that was dessert done!

For the main we had Pumpkin Mac & Cheese. It's practically a health dish. Pumpkin and whole wheat pasta! Ignore the butter and cheese and you're fine. It was super easy to make (I might've use canned pumpkin purée) and it made the whole hosting thing so much easier since I just had to throw it in the oven when we sat down for soup. They were all easy dishes but they boosted my confidence in hosting a dinner. And the company was pretty good, too! My only note for next time is buy more wine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment