Monday, January 27, 2014

A Bit of Reading: Mrs. Queen Takes the Train

I started William Kuhn's book on a flight to Boston for a friend's wedding. I then promptly left my book, that I had borrowed from the library, on the plane. Damn those seat-back pockets! I had been enjoying the book so much that I had to head straight to the bookstore to buy a copy. (I then went to the library to pay for the lost one.) I had another flight coming up and knew Mrs. Queen would be excellent company and she was! It was a bit of a silly story involving Queen Elizabeth II just walking out of Buckingham Palace and taking the train to Edinburgh to visit HMY Britannia. I just visited the Britannia a few months ago and I can understand why she would miss it but it doesn't make the storyline any more believable. It has made me wonder about the Queen a bit though. I wonder if she's anything like the way she's portrayed in this novel. She was very likable in the book but I thinkn that's because it made it easier to see her as a real person which I think is a fact that can be easily forgotten.

It was a great easy read and a very sweet story. It was worth all the money spent at the bookstore and at the library!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment