Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Bit of Knitting: Trendy Baby Hat

I have been itching to knit lately. I think it's because it's finally cool out. I've promised Mark a winter hat for AGES so on Friday night I ordered all sorts of yarn. I ordered two different colors of yarn so Mark will have at least two new hats this winter. Then I ordered a pretty yarn for a snood for me. Since that yarn won't arrive for a few days I needed something now. I thought about friends that are expecting a baby soon and decided that baby needs an orange hat. A trendy baby hat.
We went to the Texas Renaissance Festival yesterday (I didn't take a single picture!) and on the way there I started the hat. Three times. I think I've out of hat-knitting practice. But once I got going it was a great way to pass the time since traffic was quite backed up. I finished it this afternoon after making Joy the Baker's Mushroom and Brussels Sprout Hash. I swapped out the egg for fancy Whole Foods sausages but next time I might follow her lead with the eggs. The sausages were really good but it would be nice to see what it's like with eggs.
I'm going to start a new soup recipe soon and make quinoa stuffed peppers for tonight's dinner. I've made the peppers with couscous in the past but I thought it might be nice to try something different. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment